- First, you must have Java SDK installed on your Windows XP.
(About Java SDK installation, In Indonesia Version, you can go here).
- Download the latest GlassFish Application Server from
It’s about 60-70MB file size.
- After finish, you’ve got file called (for example)
- Move file
- Open the CMD prompt. Start–>Run..–>(type) cmd
Something like this:
- execute glasshfish file. First, in CMD prompt, go to C:\then type:
java -Xmx256m -jar glassfish-installer-v2ur2-b04.jar
- Then soon will arrive window about glassfish licence.Scroll down, then click accept. Check the enable autoupdate is not wrong.
- Installation process begin….
- Installation finish after arise sentence “installation complete”
on CMD window.
- then, you have new directory, called “glashfish”
- Is the instalation is finish? The answer is NOT YET.
We must activate the
setup.xmlin the glassfish directory
We use “ant” for build it.
- In the CMD, go to
(In this tutorial, I assume that my pc was installed ant before)
(If your pc is not yet, ant will found in glassfish directory,
- then, in th CMD type:
ant -f setup.xml
then hit enter
setup.xmlis begin. Wait for seconds…
- If you Windows Security Alert arise, just click Unblock 🙂
- Wait until build process is finish.
When build process is finish, it will be arise sentence something like:
BUILD SUCESSFUL(depend on your pc’s velocity)
Total time: 40 seconds
- Now glassfish application server is well installed:)
- Wanna check?…OK let’s check our new server:)
- Go to
asadmin start-domain domain1
wait for seconds..
- Open your browser, type:
- Installation complete!!! 🙂